Saturday, December 15, 2012

Clean up, clean up

I had some recent feedback about my cleaning schedule. I posted earlier this year our schedule since it was part of my New Year goals. I fell off the bandwagon when Madison became more mobile. I was running around so much that when she went down for a nap, I needed a break and the last thing I wanted to do while she was napping was clean the house. I kept it picked up and presentable but things got neglected.

I've been trying to let M walk around more independently and not be a Hover-mom. I want her to know that she doesn't need me to watch her play or wander around. I keep my eyes on her and listen out for her. When she's is quiet, she's likely into something, but if she's jibbering, she's just wandering around.

All that said, I'm trying to get my cleaning done(as much as I can) while she plays and wanders around and trying to take a break while she's napping. I also keep weekends free of cleaning. The schedule does not include dishwashing since we wash about 2 loads a day. How is that possible? Here is the schedule that has worked for me so far.

Monday -Dust entire house. Clean all windows and mirrors. Clean litterbox. Wash jeans. Vacuum. Water plants.


Tuesday - Sweep and mop living room, dining room, laundry room and hall. (Sounds like a lot but most of our living room is a rug)  Wash Alan's shirts and colors.


Wednesday -Clean both bathrooms. Toilet, counters, tubs, shower and sweep and mop. Clean litterbox. Wash towels. Dust entire house. Vacuum. Wash dog/cat bowls and Madison's toys.


Thursday - Wash Madison's clothes/crib sheet and our bed sheets. Sweep living room, kitchen, dining room, laundry room and hall.


Friday - Sweep and mop kitchen. Wipe all surfaces including cabinet doors and microwave. Wash colors and whites. Vacuum.

I also found a deep cleaning schedule where you do one thing per month of the year. 


Share your cleaning tips with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and reply to every comment and I love to hear your feedback! Thanks for stopping by!