Friday, December 7, 2012

Advent Activites - Days 1-5

This post includes video. If you are receiving this via email, and can't view the video, please visit http://alanandcrystal.blogspot.com

We thought it'd be fun to come up with 25 activities for Madison to do this year. I have to be honest, it was tough coming up with ideas for her to do since she's so young. It was also hard to find an Advent calendar on the 1st of December. So I got crafty.

A strip of wrapping paper, gift tags from the Dollar Tree, a marker and some tape!
Day 1- Photo with Santa

Day 2 - Open present
2 Elmo nursery rhyme books

Day 3 - Dance party





Day 4 -Snowman pancakes

Recipe:
1 banana
2 eggs

Mash banana until completely lump free. Spray pan with olive oil spray and cook 30 secs
This was the first time we've tried these pancakes and she seemed to like them. She ate 2 of them!



  Day 5- Watch Christmas movie
 I knew this one would be a stretch but I thought it'd be fun. She doesn't watch a ton of tv so it'd be a small treat for her.  I recorded How the Grinch Stole Christmas (the Jim Carrey one). I had laid her down for a nap around 5:30 but she wasn't having it. Alan had a later than normal night at work so I brought Madison into the living room to lay down on the couch and rest while attempting to watch the movie.
While she did lay there and eat a cookie, she only sat still for 9 minutes of the movie. She then had enough rest and started wandering around. That counts, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and reply to every comment and I love to hear your feedback! Thanks for stopping by!