Riley enjoyed the rocking chair while Madison ate!
Monday, December 15, 2014
Madison's preschool had their party today. She had those cute Santa's hat brownie/strawberry, a snowman cheesestick and pretzels with chocolate. The parents went in and bought the class 3 great presents for the kids to play with. Her last day is this week until January. I need to get started on ideas of stuff to keep her happy and busy!
Saturday, December 13, 2014
Thursday, December 11, 2014
Tuesday, December 9, 2014
Madison's school had their Feast on Monday
We left for our Annual tree trip to Boone, NC on Tuesday. Alan was watching the weather, and they were calling for lots of snow on Wednesday, our original day we had planned to leave. We left around 1:30 and got there and unpacked.
Glad we did because we woke up to this!
Madison liked playing with the snow inside. Alan would scoop some in a bowl and she would use her 'people' and play in it for a while.
On Saturday, we decided to go snow tubing at Hawk's Nest. Both Alan and I bought tickets so we could alternate with Madison on the tube while the other had Riley. Naturally, Alan didn't get any pictures of me with Madison. She had a lot of fun when actually tubing. She complained she was cold a lot though.
Monday, December 8, 2014
She lost her last pacifier at the mall and we decided not buy her anymore and to wean her from it. We were out pretty late that night so she was exhausted by the time she got home that she just passed out. The next day for nap, she pitched a fit! She cried a while and we got her up. I nursed her to comfort her and put her back down and she cried a bit more and then finally fell asleep. Today, the 2nd day, she didn't do great for her first nap. After a bit of crying, I thawed some frozen milk and fed her from a bottle(I'm weaning her nursing sessions) and she cried a few minutes and fell asleep. She is currently down for her 2nd nap and she's whining on and off. No major crying like before, yet.
That same night she lost her paci, we decided to pierce her ears! We had talked about it a while but we never did do it.. Here's a pic right after. All the purple is the marker. The earrings are clear crystals. She looks so different!
9-12 or 12 months clothes. Size 1 shoes. Size 3 diapers(size 4 at night) Not sure of her weight. I would guess around 17.5 lbs.
Bedtime by 7pm. Sleeps all night until anywhere between 7-8am. Wakes up and nurses. Snack(puffs, fruit,pretzels) at 9:30, naps 1-2 hours after snack.
We are busy planning her 1st Birthday party this year! It will be at our house on January 10. We can't decide what time yet but invites will be out before Christmas so be on the look out!
Plays peek-a-boo by putting her hands near her eyes or on her head.
LOVES the cats and dogs. Loves crawling up to them and going "ah!"
Time to time, she will sit up and just stare in the camera monitor.. Creepy yet funny.
Dirty girl playing with dolls
She often sits up and then lays her head down and falls asleep this way. It can't be comfortable...
She found her tongue this month!
Child loves suckers
Just hanging out..
Riley is still a very content, laid back, happy, funny girl. She keeps this intrigued look on her face that people always comment on. She loves Madison with everything she has. She loves playing with her and I'm anxious for when she can walk and they can actually play around together. These 11 months have flown by quicker than any 11 months ever has. I can't believe she's almost a year old! We love you, sweet, beautiful girl!
Sunday, December 7, 2014
Madison's school had Spirit Day last week. They could dress in any school/college colors.
I honestly didn't dress them alike on purpose. It just so happened that the next outfit hanging for Riley matched Madison's outfit perfectly!
Friday, December 5, 2014
(1) So I got a new laptop on Black Friday while we were on vacation(that post coming later!) I have had the same laptop for roughly 6 years. It was beyond slow. I could barely do anything on it. I kept pushing it to the back burner because I really use my iPhone for most things but certain things I can't. We found a great deal on a Toshiba and I've played on it a good bit since then. Now if I can just figure out Windows..
(2) We are almost done Christmas shopping! This is about 2 weeks early for us. We did most of our shopping online Thanksgiving night and Black Friday with a few things here and there online and a couple of things in the stores as well. We did venture to Walmart on Black Friday and loaded up on some good deals. This is what our house is looking like lately.
Alan and I don't buy for each other, other than stocking gifts. We just say "go buy that so and so you want".. So I got a computer and he, so far, has gotten these shoes:
(3) I have been pretty slack in my Elf on the Shelf ideas. Madison doesn't seem quite as excited as she did last year. Sophie so far has played the guitar, worn a skirt, rode a car, holding the Elf on the Shelf book and I can't remember the 5th.
(4) Riley pulled up for the first time yesterday! I ran something to the garage and came back to this.. This is very exciting!
(5) The play room is getting close to being complete! We are still waiting on a shipment from Ikea and we got some stuff yesterday that we need to put up. Here is a peak of the gorgeous throw pillows I ordered from Target to go on the couch.