Sunday, October 13, 2013

Baking granola bars with M

As part of the October challenge, day 6 asks for you to make  or buy their favorite food. She doesn't have a favorite food, other than the food packs, so I thought we would make granola bars from scratch and hoped she will eat them!
 

 Here's the recipe:

2 cups quick oats
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 stick butter, softened

Preheat oven to 425. Combine all ingredients and mix. Grease 9x13 pan. Press mixture into pan and bake 10 minutes. Allow to cool and break into pieces. Add chocolate chips or nuts, if desired.

To make this really easy, I measured everything out while she was napping and had it ready to go when she got up. She enjoyed pouring the ingredients into the bowl and mixing it. I then poured it into the pan and let her press it down. She liked it until her Daddy came home while we were doing it and she promptly said "wash hands". I actually really like these. Probably because I'm starting to crave sweet things. I gave her a little piece after they cooled down a bit and she kept asking for "more" but they needed to cool a while and she had to go to bed before getting more. They  fell aprt so I'm not sure why. I guess they didn't get mixed well enough (I let her do most of the mixing)
Madison the next morning. She actually asked to eat one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and reply to every comment and I love to hear your feedback! Thanks for stopping by!