Saturday, September 7, 2013

Anniverary date night!



This post contains videos of the concert. If you want to see them and you receive email blog updates, click here

I bought tickets to see MUSE back in April. Back before I knew I was pregnant, which seems like an eternity ago! I confirmed with Alan that he could take off half a day Tuesday and all of Wednesday well in advance and told him I'd made surprise plans for our anniversary. I asked my mom if she would mind watching Madison that night since the concert was near her house. I also booked us a hotel room near the venue.

We decided to let Madison go to school Tuesday and pick her up at normal time and leave straight from there. We got to my mom's around 2 and visited a bit and then left to go check into our hotel by 3:30. We had a little bit of time so we took a nap! (you know you're parents when...) After our nap, we headed toward the concert venue to park and walk to get something to eat. We found a local BBQ place, ate and then walked to the concert. Cage the Elephant opened for them and they were pretty good. I knew one of their songs but their other songs were pretty decent!

There was a bit of an intermission and then MUSE came on. They really put on a great show complete with lights and lots of animation and video. Here are some videos of the concert. Be aware that there are strobes and lots of flashing lights in the videos.
The opening before they started the first song.

"Madness"

"Supermassive Black Hole"

I think we were back in the room by 11:30 or so and we both crashed! We slept until 10:00 Wednesday morning! We both felt refreshed! We missed breakfast so stopped to get a bite before picking Madison up. We got to my mom's right around 12:30 and visited a bit. Madison had the best time! She was asleep within 5 minutes of being in the car!

We made a stop by a local consignment shop and a few baby shops and then headed to IKEA, where we toyed with the idea of moving Madison to a toddler bed and giving Riley her crib. After lots of debating, we decided that none of us were ready for that step just yet and that we will just get Riley her own crib :) We did score Madison a cute circus tent and nesting cups for her birthday and hopefully Alan the pillow he's been searching high and low for. I could spend all day and a ton of money in IKEA. Thank goodness the closest one is 2 hours away! We made it home by 7:30 and Madison was ready for bed! We had a great time together and look forward to the next few days of Madison's birthday and her party! Happy early 7th anniversary, babe! I love you more than words!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and reply to every comment and I love to hear your feedback! Thanks for stopping by!