Saturday, September 14, 2013

Cook with a kid day


I mentioned yesterday was "Cook with a kid" day. I decided that Madison and I would make some toddler friendly muffins since I had 2 bananas that were going bad soon.

Apron on first!

  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  •  1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 2 large bananas, mashed
  • 4.5 oz jar baby food squash
  • 2 carrots, grated
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 1 cup all=purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup oat bran(I just used regular oats)
  • 1 tspn bakin soda
  • 1 tspn pumpkin pie spice
  • 1/2 tspn salt

Preheat oven to 375. In bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar until smooth. Mix in mashed bananas, squash, carrots and eggs. Stir in the flour, oat bran, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt until just combined. Crazy me started reading another recipe and ended up dumping everything into the bowl and then letting Madison mix it around. It still worked out.

Spoon batter into lined muffin cups. Bake 15-20 mins. Cool for 10 minutes before eating. Store at room temperature for 2 days or freeze.

She did not like the muffins but she did at least try them. I like them. They are similar to banana nut bread.


How I made this easy.. I put out all the ingredients and items I needed on the counter while she was napping. I stood her in a chair so she was able to reach the bowl. I poured the ingredients into the measuring cup or just held her hand and helped her shake when adding the salt or spices. I let her pour all the ingredients into the bowl and she loved doing that.  I gave her the potato masher to mix it all around. I did not let her near the stove!  I think we will try to bake once a week or every couple of weeks. :)
 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and reply to every comment and I love to hear your feedback! Thanks for stopping by!