Friday, September 13, 2013

5 on Friday



-I have been unmotivated this week. I think all those weeks party planning have caught up! I've taken a couple of naps and my cleaning is lacking!

-Madison is absolutely loving school! She comes home talking about the things they've done or singing songs. She's usually soaking wet from sweating when I get her, which means she's having lots of fun! She wakes up talking about going to school. I am so glad we put her in this year and regret not putting her in last year! Those 3 hours do fly by but I am now able to grocery shop and go to the library alone. I also spent all 3 hours in Target just walking around(and finally spending my birthday gift card) on Tuesday. I dropped Madison off at school and I was able to get a weeks worth of groceries and be back home within an hour!! It usually takes me an hour alone at the store when I have her. Most days I do come back home and clean or just catch up on trashy tv. I have also seen an improvement in my mood toward her, even though I still need to work on that a good bit. I've noticed that the 4-6pm lull has gone away and I feel more energized and willing to play with her instead of cleaning while she plays. It's been all kinds of good-for both of us!


-I am a huge to-do list maker. On Mondays I make a list of things that need to be done that week. I had mine mostly done by Wednesday night this week. It keeps me sane and makes me feel better when I can mark things off.


-Today is "cook with a child" day. I vow to get in the kitchen with Madison and make a treat with her. I need to do this more often. I will blog what we made :)

-I also need to remember these:

What are your 5 things for Friday?

4 comments:

  1. Your 4-6pm lull is what I struggle with too. When I pick him up at 5pm, I am so tired and mentally shut-down that I have to force myself to talk to him on the way home (I'm not in a bad mood, I'm just quiet). Sometimes on the drive home from school I'll suddenly realize we haven't spoken for a few miles!

    Have fun cooking with her! I haven't tried this yet with Milo. I'm usually just shooing him away from the oven! I may need to start making cooking positive or he will grow up thinking the oven=trouble and yelling, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She had a blast cooking but won't eat the muffins we made. I don't let her near the stove.. She helps to pour the ingredients and stir and that's it. Milo would love it!

      Delete
  2. I'm jealous that you get through you lists by Wednesday! Love the idea of cooking with your little one once a week, I can't wait for my daughter to be old enough to do that with me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My list wasn't bad this week. Just mainly a lot of online stuff like scheduling blogs and making my grocery list. She really liked cooking so we will do it more often! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

I read and reply to every comment and I love to hear your feedback! Thanks for stopping by!