Saturday, September 28, 2013

Madisons 2nd birthday party!

Madison's party this year went so much smoother than last year! We started decorating the house 2 days beforehand and Alan's mom watched Madison the night before to give us some time to do finishing touches. All we had to do on Saturday was put the food out and get the balloons and put them up. We were actually waiting around when our photographer showed up! A far cry from last year! Here are some pics of the party decor and a few of the birthday girl! I will post another blog in a couple of days of the family pictures she took before the party!

The yummy cookies and cupcakes! We did a dozen and half of each item and did half vanilla/vanilla and half chocolate/vanilla cupcakes. Oreos for Mickey's ears and bam! Easy Mickey cupcakes. I did not make these! In the cooler were 3 kinds of ice cream cups. I bought a $5 cupcake stand at Hobby Lobby and glued ribbon around the layers.

My friend, Melissa, did this gorgeous banner for me with her Silhouette machine! I saw one online and the girl wanted $18 for it! I texted Melissa a picture and within a week she had it done! All I did was tape the ears onto ribbon and done! Thank you, Melissa!

The food! We decided to do Hot Dogs, plain ruffle chips with french onion dip, veggies with Ranch, fruit salad and tortilla chips with homemade salsa. It was all a big hit! We did the hot dog weiners in the crock pot(low on 4-5 hours) which made it so easy and kept them warm through the party.

I decided to name all of the food after Mickey things. Hot Diggity Dogs, Chip N Dales Chip N Dip, Goofy's Fruit, Daisy's Garden Veggies, Clarabelle's Sweets, and Pluto's Drink Station. I just printed the names on cardstock and taped it onto polka dotted cardstock. I then taped those near the food onto the tablecloth.

Pluto's Drink station. 
We did Hawaiian punch and bottled water(in a bucket on the floor). Red Solo cups and markers for people to put their names on the cups. Easy enough.

Another birthday banner

The Mousketool table.

My mom had just given Madison a bunch of Mickey character plastic statues so we placed those around the food for a little added touch!

I found a 4 pack of Mickey ears at Walmart and thought it would be cute for the kids to wear them. I printed out the sign and put it in a frame and we put them beside the couch which is near the front door.

I got this sign at Walmart! We put it on the laundry room door which is to the immediate left when you walk in the front door.

We put up red, white, black and polka dotted streamers around. I got the red fans from Hobby Lobby.

The Dining Room decor. We put up more streamers and I found these polka dotted lanterns at Hobby Lobby. We had another lantern in the kitchen doorway.

Us singing to the birthday girl. You can see the Mickey hanging on the door. I got a two of these from Walmart. 

Yay! What a great party! She got a ton of great gifts that she loves! I got her shirt from Ebay.

3 comments:

  1. It was too cute! You did an amazing job. Future party planner, for hire????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had the time! I love party planning!

      Delete
    2. I wish I had the time! I love party planning!

      Delete

I read and reply to every comment and I love to hear your feedback! Thanks for stopping by!