Saturday, June 18, 2011

28 weeks


June 9-16

Madison is probably a little over 3 pounds by now. She likely measures 15" from head to heel and her eyesight is getting more and more improved! She now has color in her eyes but it will likely change after she's born. She is now opening them regularly and will react to different lighting by squinting, turning her head or blinking... and probably punching me in the stomach as well. I can now feel her hiccuping from the outside of my belly. I don't remember feeling her having the hiccups in about 4 weeks and I kept feeling this repetitive thumping in the same spot. I finally figured out it was her hiccuping! She had them again last night and Alan got to feel it that time. Add it to the list of the cute things she's done already!

We had a doctor's appointment on the 10th. Her heart rate was in the 150-160s range and the doctor said I have had a textbook pregnancy so far(except the hiccup we had a few weeks ago) We had our first baby shower at Alan's work on the 14th . We have finally gotten everything put in it's place for now and her room is really coming together! We talked to the doctor about a pediatrician but have failed to call yet. That will be on the agenda this coming week, hopefully. My weight this week is 119.5 and my belly measures 35.5" around my natural waist.

Alan tends to stay confused about my dates on this blog. I am currently in my 29th week but I blog about the week before since I want to get through the entire week before writing about it.. This weekend we have gotten so much done with Madi's room. We got everything from her shower put up, all of her blankets, towels, washcloths and a few outfits washed. I redid the guest bathroom, which will be her bathroom, buying a new shower curtain, towels and washcloths. We bought curtains for her room, a cubby storage unit that holds 9 canvas totes to hold things we will need really handy like onesies, blankets, burp cloths, etc. It can also be used for a bookshelf when she's a little older. I also bought a shoe organizer for her closet door to hold shoes and tights and anything else I need handy but out of the way. We are currently on a mission to find the perfect rug and will be ordering the glider for her room this coming week. I will post a blog this week sometime on her room.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and reply to every comment and I love to hear your feedback! Thanks for stopping by!