Sunday, June 26, 2011

29 weeks

June 16-23

Madison is likely almost 3.5 lbs this week. And 15.5" long by now which is the size of a loaf of bread. Her lungs and muscles continue to mature and her head is getting bigger to make room for her brain(and hopefully her daddy's smarts!) Her brain now controls her temperature and breathing and she can even cough now!

We took infant CPR on the 16th at the hospital. Hopefully we will never have to use it but we like having the knowledge if, God forbid, we do. This week is when I got most of her clothes, blankets, towels and washcloths washed and put up. We bought a 9 cubby storage unit for her closet and new towels and a shower curtain for her bathroom.

Sleeping is becoming harder and harder for me. I can't lay on my side because it's in the way and I feel like I'm squishing her. If I lay on my back too long, it starts hurting. I am still only getting up once a nice to use the restroom and it's like clockwork around 2-3am every morning. Friday night I woke up and couldn't fall back asleep for 2 hours so I tossed and turned. Luckily Alan was too tired to notice! I am also getting heartburn more frequently, especially when I lay down to go to sleep, so TUMS have become my best friend lately. I am also outgrowing some of my maternity shirts and my prepregnancy shirts I was able to wear. My weight this week is 120.5 bringing my total weight gained during the pregnancy so far to 13 lbs and my belly measures 36" which brings my measurement total up to 5-6" gained so far!

(remember I blog about the week before I actually am. I am currently 30 weeks.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and reply to every comment and I love to hear your feedback! Thanks for stopping by!