Thursday, January 23, 2014

2 kids, 2 weeks in!

What a 2 weeks of serious changes!

-I can't believe Riley is already 2 weeks old! Some days it seems she's been here for 2 months and some days it seems like I just left the hospital. She is very sweet and calm and perfect, just like her sister. She only cries during diaper/clothing changes and when she's hungry. She sleeps all day and can soothe herself to sleep(for the most part). She grunts a lot, which is really cute(except at 1am and I'm trying to sleep).

Happy 2 weeks, Riley!

-Going from 1 to 2 kids has been a huge adjustment! We are now man on man and it's go, go, go from 6:30am until about 10pm. I feel we are getting in somewhat of a groove but it's still insanely busy.

Life with a busy toddler and a sleeping baby.

 -God was looking out for us when he gave us a sleeping baby. Riley sleeps most of the day, like most newborns do. Madison slept about as long as Riley is awake during the day(about 2 hours spread out) Riley is waking at night anywhere between an hour and a half to 4 hours. Sometimes she will give me a 4 hour nap when we put her to bed around 9-10pm and then sometimes she's awake after an hour and half. Luckily, she only eats about 10 minutes so I'm back in bed within 30 minutes usually.


-Madison is adjusting. She seems to adore Riley when Riley isn't crying. If she is holding Riley, she just kisses her all over and tells her "It's Okay" if Riley grunts or whines. She talks about how 'pretty' and 'tiny' Riley is. However, she is very jealous of Alan holding Riley and a hair more clingy to me when I'm holding her, though that seems to be fading away a bit. If Alan is holding Riley, Madison has to be sitting right beside them. She had a major meltdown a couple of days ago when she came walking through the house and Alan happened to be holding Riley. She just started bawling. I know it will take her some time. She doesn't understand that Alan is Riley's Daddy too and she has to 'share' him. She has also reverted on her potty training. She started having accidents while we were in the hospital but once we got home, she went back to normal. Then this past weekend, she had more accidents than she did when she was learning to potty train. She also had some at school Tuesday and one at home yesterday. We are in the process of retraining her with another sticker board, lots of potty trips and positive reinforcement.

 This picture makes my heart explode.

-I(Crystal) am doing well. I am under my pre-pregnancy weight(yay!!) and wearing normal clothes again, which feels good. My surgery incision is healing well, which was the worst part of the whole having a baby/surgery thing. I do have some sharp pains inside my belly and my incision is starting to itch. I have my 2 week post-op checkup Friday so I'm anxious to see what she says as to how I'm healing. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and reply to every comment and I love to hear your feedback! Thanks for stopping by!