Wednesday, June 5, 2013

In June, I will...

-Start and finish a book before July 1. I checked our Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella today.

 -Blog more. This slump will be over, promise! :)

-let Madison get messier(fingerpaints, shaving cream, etc) and hands-on play with her more. She plays independent so well that it's easy to clean the house or do something else while she's playing but I also realize how important it is to play with her too. I also need to ease up on her some. I realize she's a kid but when she does things out of spite, it crawls all over me!

-work on her letters and numbers. She knows her basic colors and shapes already so this is the next step!

-Maybe...maybe start back potty training. We fell off that wagon quickly. I'm thinking of the 3 day method. Any recommendations?

-invite people over more. Whether family for supper or lunch or Madison's friends and their moms.

-Date Alan at least once a month on a weekend and go out for coffee or ice cream 1-2 times during the month while his mom has her during the week. We tend to get so wrapped up in trying to get things done around the house(mowing lawn, grocery shopping) that we don't focus on us. It's so hard to forget you were married first, then parents and it's very important to us to keep that spark alive! Very excited we have June's and September's date planned out and I can't wait! We haven't been on a weekend date since Valentines! I have something pretty special planned for September (our anniversary) so that's why it's already planned :)

-Participate in a church activity. We've been attending a Presbyterian church the past few months that we both enjoy. It's also Madison's future preschool(starting in August) and they always have something going on.

-start buying and planning Madison's 2nd birthday party. I know the theme and we have a general idea where we are going with food and decorations, I just need to start buying it. Photographer for the party is booked!

-take more ME time. Go to the mall, book a pedicure, have more girls' days. Something for me every once in a while.

4 comments:

  1. I agree with the "me" time. Keith gets to do all sorts of things while I stay home. He's even taking a 3 night camping trip with his buddies! What am I supposed to do?!

    If you ever want to hang let me know. I'm currently looking for a running(more like jogging/walking) partner, or a yoga partner. I need someone to hold me accountable, lol. Let me know if you're interested. Other than that, I like coffee and lots of it. I'm always up for a trip to Starbucks! ;)

    Let me know if you want to read the rest of the Shopaholic series. I have ALL of them. (I'm a dork, I know). Seriously, you should visit my library. It's sick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We totally need to set up a girls day! We both need it! I haven't started the book yet but if I finish it, I will borrow yours for the rest of the series. This last book was all stained up :/

      Delete
  2. Oh, and I LOVE your new signature and favicon! Fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete

I read and reply to every comment and I love to hear your feedback! Thanks for stopping by!