Saturday, June 22, 2013

Random goodness



I know I haven't been blogging much. Here's a mish mash of what's going on!

-We have decided to join the church we've been attending. I think it's a great mix of what Alan and I are both looking for. They have a contemporary and traditional service which suits us both. The contemporary service serves coffee, juice and donuts during the service and has a praise band. They meet in the gym and the sermon gets piped in through video. We have enjoyed going and they have so many activities during the Summer. They have something every Sunday after church. It's also Madison's future preschool. We will be joining in the Fall and Madison will then get baptized.

-I think reading isn't for me. I just tried reading Confessions of a Shopaholic. A series that every girl has loved. Well not me. Maybe it's the non-reader in me. Maybe it's the frugal side of me. I just couldn't read more than 30 pages. I got stressed reading about a girl who had maxed out all of her cards, yet kept spending money. I know there was probably a great ending to the story but I couldn't do it. So I picked up Scary Mommy's Motherhood Comes Naturally. I love her blogs. If you are the faint of heart or want to read nothing but sappy kids' stories, this blog isn't for you! She gives you the true side of parenting. It's not all butterflies and lollipops(though she does add a few of those stories here and there) I'm hoping I can get through this one. It's only a 14 day rental so I sure hope so! :)


-Are you on Instagram? I have now made a seperate account to sell Madison's clothes. I have also bought some clothes for me and shoes for her on there. Super cheap. Email me to get my shop name if you need girl clothes newborn-18 months size!

-Speaking of clothes, I racked up at NY&Co yesterday. I went to the mall to buy a gift and wanted to walk around. Glad I did! They had 80% off racks! I got a pair of pj pants and 4 or 5 shirts for the price of what 1 of their shirts normally cost! Score!

-I have bought all of Madison's birthday party supplies. Plates, napkins, cups, forks, decorations, favors, etc. I also bought her a shirt to wear that day. All I need to get now is a "2" candle(2 Walmarts didn't have them!), the food, invitations, some ribbon(a quick Hobby Lobby trip) and order her cupcakes and cookies, if I can settle on a design I won't change 5 times like I did last year. Oopsie.. Her party photographer was booked back in April. I've also made her invite list and menu. I'm on a roll, ya'll!

 I have a lot more ramblings but I will post another one in a few days :) What have you been up to? Comment with your ramblings!






No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and reply to every comment and I love to hear your feedback! Thanks for stopping by!