Monday, November 5, 2012

Homemade White Chocolate Mocha

Alan loves Starbucks White Chocolate Mocha. I found a copycat recipe online and to our surprise, they were really good!

Ingredients:
2/3 - cup whole milk
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup freshly brewed strong coffee

Directions:
Add milk and chocolate chips to double boiler and heat until the white chocolate chips are melted. While the chips are melting start the coffee. Pour about 1/4 cup of the milk mixture into a large coffee mug. Add about 1/2 cup hot coffee and more of the milk mixture until it reaches the top of the mug.




I make big batches and freeze them. I double or triple the coffee, milk and chocolate chips. For the coffee, I put 5 heaping tablespoons in with 4 1/2 cups of water. The closest ratio for a travel mug/foam cup is 1 cup coffee to 3/4 cup milk mixture. This big batch will usually make 3-4 containers to freeze. I freeze them in glass containers just big enough for one cup of coffee and sit it in the fridge the day before to thaw out for in the morning.

The original recipe makes enough for 2 small mugs or one large latte mug.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and reply to every comment and I love to hear your feedback! Thanks for stopping by!