Saturday, August 27, 2011

38 weeks

August 20-27, 2011Madison's organs are fully developed now. And we know, since our ultrasound yesterday, that she is weighing over average roughly. Her development is nearly complete as she tends to a few last-minute details like shedding the skin-protecting vernix and lanugo. She's also producing more surfactant, a substance that prevents the air sacs in her lungs from sticking to one another once she starts to breathe. Most of the changes this week are small but important: She’s continuing to add fat and she is fine-tuning her brain and nervous system.

This week we got Madison's car seat base in Alan's car and her sunshades in both cars. Since we are transporting Wilma back and forth to the vet using my car, we have just put the base for my car with Madison's hospital bag and car seat. I also got both of our hospital bags packed as much as I can, adding my travel bag with bathroom must-haves and a 0-3 months outfit into Madi's bag just in case she's too big for a newborn outfit-which might be the case, if the ultrasound measured right! I also had my last massage before she comes too. I decided that's what I wanted for my birthday and I'm so glad I did! It was MUCH needed and highly recommended for any pregnant girl! I go every 3 weeks anyway but during my pregnancy, massages have been like a little slice of Heaven for me. I'd have my massage therapist in the room with me massaging me during labor if she'd do it! :)

Doctor's appointment on the 26th showed her heart rate was in the 130s. I am also still 1/2 cm dilated, which is no change from last week. It's also where we got to see Madison with 4D ultrasound pictures and got to see the little fat rolls on her legs and the little bit of hair on her head! My weight is 128(down a little which is normal) and my belly measures 38". I am 39 weeks 1 day today(Sunday) so we only have 6 days left until her due date of Sept. 3. We are anxiously awaiting her arrival!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and reply to every comment and I love to hear your feedback! Thanks for stopping by!