Monday, August 8, 2011

35 weeks

July 30-August 6

She is now the size of a honeydew! From now on, Madison's growth will mostly be in plumping up! She is probably at the length she will be at birth(probably around 18-21") and will likely put on a pound or more of fat before birth. She probably weighs roughly 5 1/2 lbs now. Her hearing and kidneys are fully developed and her liver can process some waste now.

My weight this week is 127.2 and my belly measures 37". That's 1/2" smaller than last week, all you people that say I'm getting bigger :P It also could have been the way Madison was laying when I measured. We got her swing put together and her and some of my hospital bag packed. I do have a checklist printed out for when we get ready to go so I can check off things I need to throw in last minute. Yes, even with labor I am organized! I got a much needed massage last week and it did wonders on my back. I mean it still hurts a little but my comfort level is much better. I'm hoping to get one more massage before Madison makes her appearance in the next couple of weeks.

As some of you know, Wilma had surgery Monday on her leg. We visited her around lunch today and she smiled when we went in. We took her outside and she pottied on her own. She walked down the hall on her own and put weight on her hurt foot every few steps she took. She also drank lots of water and wagged her tail a lot! She was very excited to see us! I just got our evening update from the surgeon and he said she's doing great. He said her face is bright, she's giving everyone kisses, she went out on her own and pottied again. He said she is also standing up in her crate on her own. He said he feels a lot better about her now than he did this morning but he feels she was still so groggy this morning that that's why she was a little out of it. He sounded very positive about her which makes us feel great. We just want our dog home! Thank you for your prayers. Please keep praying for her healing and recovery and our ability to take care of her and making her comfortable!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and reply to every comment and I love to hear your feedback! Thanks for stopping by!