Saturday, August 20, 2011

37 weeks

August 13-20, 2011
Madison is now full term! That means if she's born now, her lungs are likely mature enough to adjust to life outside the womb. She weighs roughly 6 1/3 lbs and measures a little over 19" from head to heel.

We had our 37 week 6 day doctor appointment yesterday(19th) and the Dr said I am already dilated 1/2 centimeter(4 is active labor and 10 is delivery) and my cervix is 1/2 effaced (thinning to prepare for labor). This doesn't mean that she will come tonight though. She could or she could wait 2 more weeks. My belly measurement went down an inch by the way the doctors measure-they measure from chest to pelvic bone, I measure circumference- which means Madison is dropping to prepare for delivery. The Dr also ordered an ultrasound for next Friday to see how much Madison weighs and to make sure everything still looks great. We haven't seen her since our scare at 25 weeks, so we don't mind seeing her again!

My weight is 130.4 (23 lb weight gain) and belly is measuring 37 1/2".

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and reply to every comment and I love to hear your feedback! Thanks for stopping by!