Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Blogging

My friend Lauren tagged me to do this challenge. If you read this blog, I tag you do complete this challenge as well.

1. When did you first start blogging and why?

ONE: April 2010. I had just lost my job due to the company closing and I needed an outlet and a hobby.

TWO: I now blog to keep an online journal of the girls and things we do. I can't tell you how many times I've looked in the archives to see how old Madison was when she started doing something or to see what month we went somewhere..

THREE: I'm a much better typer than talker.

2. Have you had any past online presence?
MySpace, Facebook, Blogger, AIM

3. When did you become serious about your blog?
When Madison was born is when I started caring if people actually read it or not. I knew our friends and family would want to see her growing up and the things she was doing. Some of my first entries have zero views but that's because I never sent it to anyone. Now I post on Facebook when I post and my family now gets email updates. I also do lineups and get a few people here and there from those.

4. What was your first blog post?
It was about losing my job that week after 4 years and having an amazing husband. Read it HERE.

5. What have been your biggest challenges blogging?
Finding the time to blog and now trying to find blog topics that aren't about the girls.

6. What is the most rewarding thing about blogging?
Having strangers comment when they found me through a linkup. Having someone say "I saw (blank) on the blog.." Then I don't feel like I take all this time for just us to look back on,  I know people are actually reading it.

7. What is the most discouraging thing about blogging?
Not getting much feedback.

8. What is your blogging dirty secret?
 I start 99% of my blogs on my phone during a feeding or naps. Then when I have a chance, I get online to add links or pictures.

9. What is your current goal as a blogger?
To keep people interested and happy they are receiving email updates. To not get annoying. To gain more followers and try to come up with better topics.

10. Have you learned to become passionate about anything through blogging that caught you by surprise?
Not really. I now realize how it makes bloggers that I follow feel when they get comments. So I try to comment when I can. Also, replying to comments is huge. I love getting reply emails from bloggers. I took the time to comment, you can take the time to reply :)

3 comments:

  1. It's so neat to go read back on people's blogs and see how much has changed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had more to say but as usual commenting from an Apple iPhone or iPad is a pain. Lol also "an apple" change to "a nipple". Gotta love auto correct. ;)
    I used to be great at commenting and then I started being slack! I'm trying again. :)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't even comment on blogs from my phone. It drives me nuts. Obviously you use 'nipple' more than 'apple' Bahahaha

      Delete

I read and reply to every comment and I love to hear your feedback! Thanks for stopping by!