Sunday, July 24, 2011

33 weeks

July 16-23, 2011


This week Madison possibly weighs a little over 4 pounds(pineapple) and has passed the 17" mark. She's rapidly losing that wrinkled look and her skeleton is hardening. The bones in her skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for her to fit through the birth canal. These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as her brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood. She is rolling around a lot and she loves sticking her butt out! Something I hope she grows out of the next 6 weeks.... Her schedule is still on track. She is up around 7-7:30am, up again around 10-11, then 3-4. Then she goes down a while until around 6:30 or so.. Then between 9-11 she's rolling around a bit. I'm usually in bed by 11 and I don't typically feel her until I am up and ready for work around 7:30.. Hopefully that means she's sleeping from 11-7.. Ha!

We had our baby shower this week, which I posted about last night, and it was fantastic! Alan also put together her stroller and we got her car seat ready to go. We will probably put the seat and bases in our cars this coming week and I will likely pack our hospital bag in the next couple of weeks. We have also been getting those last minute items we need to have for her arrival and we got the last thing we needed tonight-her swing, which should be on our doorstep this week! I took a breastfeeding class yesterday(23rd) morning and we took a Newborn Care class yesterday afternoon, which was helpful. My brain seems to be working less and less these days. At least I have an 'excuse' for the next 6 weeks - pregnancy brain. They say it's a true symptom and I didn't believe it until here lately. I feel so out of it sometimes! I will be in mid conversation and just forget what I was talking about or not understanding what someone is talking about. Or my walking into a room and forgetting why I'm there has gotten a lot worse. My heartburn is also worse , the back aches are miserable and bending over is near impossible! My ankles have been swelling a lot more too. I still think I have it pretty good though, compared to a lot of people. I gained 2 lbs this week, making my weight 124.2. My belly stayed the same at 37".

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and reply to every comment and I love to hear your feedback! Thanks for stopping by!