Friday, July 1, 2011

30 weeks

June 25-July 2, 2011

Madison should be 15.5" long and 3 lbs. It's hard keeping up since she weighed 2 lbs back in May. Online said she should just now be 3 lbs but I've been guessing. I'm going to stick to the weights online from here on out. Her eyesight continues to develop but is not very good. Her fingernails and toenails have finished growing and I bet they are super cute! The developments this week have mainly been in her brain. She is staying really active. She gets the hiccups at least twice a day and they last about 15 minutes each. Sometimes I will feel her head hitting my belly and her feet hitting at the same time when she has them. It's really cute.

We finished up her room this week too, which was a huge project. It had consumed our weekends the past few weeks. We are really happy with how it turned out and will be glad when we get the artwork that we've decided to get, which will be in the next few weeks. Hopefully by the end of July, we will have it all ordered and put on the walls! My emotions are in full force this past week. I will hear a song and cry or just the slightest thing will make me cry. It's the weirdest feeling to be so emotional about everything. My ankles are staying swollen and my current maternity clothes are getting smaller each time I wear them! Sleeping hasn't gotten any better so I'm catching up on the weekends, sleeping till 11-12 each day. I guess I will just have to do that until she's born. It's just hard to find a position that I'm comfortable in.

We had our routine doctor's appointment today and everything is looking good. She says I'm measuring correctly, my blood pressure and weight is great, and my cervix is still closed, but she did put me back on medicine since there was blood in my urine again. She also said it looks like I'm having Braxton Hicks contractions. Those are where your uterus contracts in preparation for birth. My belly will get super hard and tight for a minute or two and then ease off. They are very normal to feel in the last 3 months. She also told us that we were changing our weeks on the wrong day. We were counting from the first day of my last period(Thursday, Nov. 25) so we were changing weeks every Thursday. When I went in, the nurse said I was 30 weeks 6 days which means I would be 31 weeks tomorrow(Saturday) and not yesterday(Thursday) like we thought. The doctor said that since September 3(her due date) is on a Saturday, we should change our weeks on Saturdays. Oh well.. We will now be going to the doctor every 2 weeks until I get to 36 weeks and then we will go every week until I deliver. It's getting close!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and reply to every comment and I love to hear your feedback! Thanks for stopping by!