Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Dear Madison...

Today is a very special day. 1 year ago today, after 2 1/2 years of trying, your daddy and I found out that I was pregnant with you! I had even asked your daddy for a baby when he asked me what I wanted for Christmas. Little did we know, you are already in my tummy! It was such an emotional time. We couldn't believe our eyes when we saw this

 I took 4 tests that night to prove each one before wasn't faulty! And then ended up taking around 10 tests for the first month to make sure I was still pregnant. I was so paranoid! We wanted you so bad and I did everything I could to make sure you were healthy! 

Then at 7 weeks, 5 days we were able to see you for the first time! It's amazing what a little bean shaped blob with a fluttery heartbeat will do! We both cried like babies! We were thrilled when the doctor told us everything looked great!

This is a precious shot of you waving, taken in my 21st week of pregnancy. This is the day we found out you were a girl! You were so active that day and nothing has changed!

 Here you are at 38 weeks 6 days. The doctor wanted to do an ultrasound to see what you were measuring.
They said you were 7 lbs 15 oz! We were floored by that since I had another week until my due date! It was probably all those cupcakes I had! Then they did a 4D ultrasound to show us your beautiful face! Here come the waterworks again!  We were amazed at how beautiful you were(and are!) We love this picture of you with you rubbing your eyes. You must have been sleepy since you still do this.

  This shirt was very fitting. This is the first shirt we bought you when we found out I was pregnant and you wore it quite a few times around this Christmas. You were and always will be our best gift ever!
 

I also bought this right after I found out I was pregnant. I'm glad you were a girl since a Cinderella quote would look kind of silly in a boy's room :) I think I knew you were a girl from the very beginning! You are our little miracle!

And here you are with us on Christmas Eve! 15 weeks 4 days old! 
Time has flown by and you are getting so big!


I was so lucky to have such a perfect pregnancy! I never had any sickness or problems. I enjoyed being pregnant so much and loved when people asked me when I was due or what I was having! I loved feeling you kick around and loved when you got the hiccups! 

You have changed mine and your daddy's life! We love you more than you will ever know! We love spending time with you and love making you laugh. It's obvious that you are a daddy's girl but that's okay, I knew you would be. I can try to make you smile for 10 minutes and get nothing but as soon as he walks up and looks at you, you smile the biggest smile! You are lucky to have such a wonderful daddy that loves playing with you, reading to you and blowing raspberries on your tummy every time he changes your diaper. I always hear you 2 laughing and squealing and I hear you talking to him when he's being silly! It melts my heart to see you 2 together and I know when you grow up, ya'll will have such a special bond!  You mean so much to us and we are so blessed to have you in our life! You are such a beautiful little girl! 
We love you, sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and reply to every comment and I love to hear your feedback! Thanks for stopping by!