Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Who wants to go swimming?

Sunday we-and by we, I mean me- decided to take all 3 dogs to the nearby lake. We have taken Wilma there before but I wanted to have a family outing and take them all. We have never had all 3 dogs in one car at one time so it was an adventure. I do not, however, have any pictures of them actually swimming since I had to take reigns of one dog, Alan had one and Wilma was free roaming since she's under voice command.


Here's Toby(l) and Wilma(r) enjoying the ride...

Here's Toby watching the truck behind him. We decided this day that Toby has very severe ADHD. So much so, he couldn't focus on the lake to go swimming. He would rather be looking around at every little thing.. bird! squirrel! tree! stick!

 Here's all 3 of them together. Micki can barely balance in a car on 3 legs so she lays down most of the time. She can, however, swim with the best of them!

 
 And this is how Wilma was most of the time. She, being the Princess she is, doesn't like riding in the car with the Peasants! So she laid her head on her daddy's shoulder most of the ride. Pitiful.


Micki and Wilma had an absolute ball! They saw the water as soon as we pulled up. We opened the door and they both just sprinted to the water. You've never seen a 3-legged dog run so fast. I was able to get Micki on a leash(I'm scared she may drown if I don't have some type of control if she starts going under) and Wilma did a Superman dive into the water. Toby did not like it as much. He stepped in up to his...elbows? and stepped out and didn't think about getting back in. He was just as happy sniffing the ground all around. I wish we had taken the video recorder. Wilma was hilarious! She was run at full speed and just jump in the water. Needless to say, the ride home was not pleasant.. Mud and water everywhere! We got it all cleaned up and I think they are all still recovering!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and reply to every comment and I love to hear your feedback! Thanks for stopping by!