I go in to be induced at 6am.
They get me checked in, hooked up and situated by 6:30. Started my Pitocin (the meds to speed things along) at 7AM. I am contracting 2-4 min apart at 8AM and around 3min apart at 9am. They break my water at 11:45am and the pain comes very quick and super intense. My doctor says I should have a baby by 5pm! Around 1:00pm, I request my epidural. This time, I have regular front labor. With Madison, I had back labor which was a tad more bearable. By 2:00, my epidural is in and working.. Ahhh! I don't remember the timeline of my dilating but I know I went from 4cm to 7cm in about an hour it seemed. My nurse told me after my epidural was working to call her if I felt pressure before she checked on me again in about an hour. Around 3, Alan walked out to use the rest room and I feel that pressure! I page the nurse, Alan comes flying back in asking if I was ready to push. My nurse comes in, checks me and I'm ready to start! 3 pushes and 18 minutes later, Riley was here!
8.3 lbs
20" long
3:18pm
She's sweet, calm and perfect. We are so blessed to have 2 perfect girls. Riley is so lucky to have a big sister that loves her so much. More on the meeting of Madison and Riley later :)
No comments:
Post a Comment
I read and reply to every comment and I love to hear your feedback! Thanks for stopping by!