Monday, June 19, 2017

Current podcasts..

Yes, I listen to a ton of hours of podcasts. I listen to them while I'm getting ready for the day, if the girls are away at camp or school, if they are in quiet time, errands if I'm alone... really, any free time I get.

 Up and Vanished
There is a new episode every week of this one. Love it.
 'UP AND VANISHED' IS AN INVESTIGATIVE PODCAST THAT EXPLORES THE UNSOLVED DISAPPEARANCE OF GEORGIA BEAUTY QUEEN AND HIGH SCHOOL TEACHER, TARA GRINSTEAD, AN 11-YEAR-OLD MYSTERY THAT IS THE LARGEST CASE FILE IN GEORGIA’S HISTORY. FOLLOW ALONG AS HOST PAYNE LINDSEY, A DOCUMENTARIAN TURNED AMATEUR INVESTIGATOR, EXAMINES OLD CASE EVIDENCE, RE-INTERVIEWS PERSONS OF INTEREST, AND UNCOVERS NEW LEADS, WHILE GUIDING LISTENERS THROUGH HIS REAL TIME INVESTIGATION. A RECENT BREAK IN THE CASE MAY HAVE GIVEN US MORE QUESTIONS THAN ANSWER, AND THE MAIN QUESTION STILL REMAINS...

I have listened to the first 2 episodes and it didn't disappoint! I'm glad Phillip has his own podcast now. His contribution to Up and Vanished is really good!

 The SWORN podcast, presented by UP AND VANISHED, pulls back the curtain on the criminal justice system exposing the untold stories and hard truths behind major cases, wrongful convictions, controversial legislation, and more. Host PHILIP HOLLOWAY, a defense attorney and former prosecutor with a background in law enforcement, not only digs into the legal aspects of these cases but the emotional consequences of their outcomes.

Finished this up last week. Such a sad story.
Season 1- For 27 years, the investigation into the abduction of Jacob Wetterling in rural Minnesota yielded no answers. Reporter Madeleine Baran reveals how law enforcement mishandled one of the most notorious child abductions in the country and how those failures fueled national anxiety about stranger danger, led to the nation's sex-offender registries and raise questions about crime-solving effectiveness and accountability.

I listened to Part 1 of the Tupac Shakur podcast at the beach and Part 2 last week. Really interesting!
I then listened to A Dark Past Parts 1 and 2 last week.This was a super interesting story and I hope they keep up if there are any developments!
Nic and Captain discuss captivating real life cases.

This American Life
I started at episode #617- Fermi's Paradox "Are We Alone?"
I will admit, they are not my favorite hosts.. Maybe this wasn't a great episode to start on..
I may try to find one more interesting.

There's a theme to each episode of This American Life, and a variety of stories on that theme. Most of the stories are journalism, with an occasional comedy routine or essay. 

I've recently subscribed to a lot more podcasts and will share them as I listen to them-to make sure they are good enough to recommend :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and reply to every comment and I love to hear your feedback! Thanks for stopping by!