Thursday, November 14, 2013

Soul Mates

Let me preface this with this.. Alan is probably going to hate that I spilled my guts on here about him. I'm not a guts spiller. I'm not very emotional nor do I openly show I am a caring person. It's just been one of those weeks and I felt led to write this. He deserves lots of public praise and I never do it on here. 
Love you babe :)

When I say I've had a rough couple of weeks, I mean rough. I have been an emotional, temper filled, exhausted, pregnant girl. Add potty training in the mix this week and my sciatic nerve hurting like crazy and that just piles on the emotions. I think I cried for an hour yesterday and I've cried quite a few times over the past couple of weeks from the pain from my leg/hip from it. I'm not much of a crier, people. Riley must be an emotional girl because I've been one walking hormone with her! Alan has, not surprisingly, handled it with great ease. I'm not easy to deal with at times but he knows what I need to hear, when I need to hear it. If it's silence, that's what I get. 

I was watching this video the other day about moms beating their self up and not thinking they are good enough. Then they bring in their kids and video them of their thoughts on their mom and the moms watched it. All of the kids talked about how awesome their moms were and none had a negative thing to say. It really was touching. I seriously was only watching it because I had seen it on Facebook about 8 times from different people. I had no idea what it was even about until I started watching it. Somehow Alan knew what I was thinking. "Why are you watching that?" he asked.. bring on the tears. We had a long talk about parenting and Madison and it was just what I needed. Sometimes you have no idea you need to cry until someone says just the right thing.

Here's said video.

Alan had no idea I had a meltdown yesterday. I feel like I had finally hit a wall. With everything going on with the potty, pain, pregnancy and going stir crazy, I just had had enough, but he had no idea. He gets home and I'm cooking supper. He and Madison play around while I'm cooking. After a bit, I go into the bedroom and find a card on my nightstand. It was just what I needed. I go cry in the bathroom a few minutes and come walking through, composed, until I go to tell him Thank You. "Not the reaction I was hoping for" he said... "No, it was perfect timing.." I said. 

Take time for your spouse or partner. Buy him or her that card unexpectedly. Take them by a coffee, slushie or a hamburger by surprise. Take a day/half day off to have a breakfast date or go get a cupcake while your daughter is at school. Run them a hot bath when you know they need to rest or bring home takeout if you know they are too tired to cook(just make sure supper isn't in the process of being made) Take those moments for you two when you get the chance. You never know what it may mean for the other person. You may have no idea what a random card will mean to them or what kind of day they secretly had.

I know how blessed I am to have a fantastic husband and father to the girls. We have the perfect marriage and I feel we were made just for each other. I rarely tell him, though. I need to work on that..


2 comments:

  1. Aww, Crystal, honey, you are an EXCELLENT mother and wife.
    I love this post, and I think it may be one of my favorite of your posts, by far! I know you aren't openly emotional, but sometimes we need to let it out so that others can support us.
    Keep on doing a great job, mama. Madison and Riley are PROUD to have you as their mother!
    *Smooches and hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks :) I didn't write this to get praise but I will take it ;)

      Delete

I read and reply to every comment and I love to hear your feedback! Thanks for stopping by!