Friday, August 2, 2013

In August, I will...

-Ex.er.cise! I keep saying this but I'm for reals this time. I haven't felt good the past few days and I am feeling just kind of blah. Like I'm missing something. That something is a little walking in the neighborhood. Getting my heart rate up and maybe listening to some non-Barney or Mickey music.

-Along with that goes eating better. For us and Madison. I would like for us to snack on fruit and nuts instead of Doritoes and Sprite.  I picked up lots of fruit at the store and got Madison some healthier snacking options. Her snack bowl was being overrun by sugar filled gummies, pretzel and cheese dip-its and goldfish. I blame thank Kari over at Better Together and Brittany over at A Healthy Slice of Life for posting their Munchkin Meals weekly post today.(Click their blog names to see what their kids are eating!) I will be finding, printing and making Madison some healthy snacks as well in the next couple of days. Go to A Healthy Slice of Life for some really great, healthy food/snack ideas for your kids. I will be pulling some recipes from there and will review them in the upcoming weeks/months.

-Figure out the route we want to go with Riley's room. Her walls are a silvery blue and I'm thinking hot pink accents. I found some cute polka dotted sheets at Target and thought that'd be a cute route to take. I love Madison's vinyl tree in her room(see below) and would like some sort of non-tree vinyl for Riley's.


-Schedule another date night with Alan. In July we went out to a seafood restaurant while his mom had Madison. Royal at Royal Proclaims told me about a yummy newish restaurant in our area that we need to try.

-Try to schedule a mini-vacation or a week long vacation before December. Also, book our annual Christmas tree trip.

-For goodness sake, get Madison's 2 year photobook caught up and possibly start Riley's 1st year. I need to get with it!

I think that's enough goals for now. What are some of your goals for August?


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like great goals! I'm just going to relax this week and then I'll figure out my goals for the month. :)

    ReplyDelete

I read and reply to every comment and I love to hear your feedback! Thanks for stopping by!