Monday, July 1, 2013

In June, I will... update!

-Start and finish a book before July 1. I checked out Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella today.
Not doing so well in this department. I didn't finish Shopaholic because I didn't like it. I then checked out Motherhood Comes Natural. I've only read 20 pages of it and it's due in a few days. Reading is not for me.

 -Blog more. This slump will be over, promise! :)
See? I had lots to say, I just couldn't!

-let Madison get messier(fingerpaints, shaving cream, etc) and hands-on play with her more.


-work on her letters and numbers. She knows her basic colors and shapes already so this is the next step!
Didn't work on this. She seems to know the number 3 though.

-Maybe...maybe start back potty training. We fell off that wagon quickly. I'm thinking of the 3 day method. Any recommendations?
Didn't start this. Maybe July.

-invite people over more. Whether family for supper or lunch or Madison's friends and their moms.
I did have a friend and her daughter over to play.

-Date Alan at least once a month on a weekend and go out for coffee or ice cream 1-2 times during the month while his mom has her during the week. We tend to get so wrapped up in trying to get things done around the house(mowing lawn, grocery shopping) that we don't focus on us. It's so hard to forget you were married first, then parents and it's very important to us to keep that spark alive! Very excited we have June's and September's date planned out and I can't wait! We haven't been on a weekend date since Valentines! I have something pretty special planned for September (our anniversary) so that's why it's already planned :)
-We had fun on our date and I can't wait to plan July's!

-Participate in a church activity. We've been attending a Presbyterian church the past few months that we both enjoy. It's also Madison's future preschool(starting in August) and they always have something going on. We went to an ice cream social where they had ice cream and games for the kids. One Sunday they had lemonade after church that we participated in. Another Sunday they had a cold salad lunch. Everyone brought a cold dish and ate! We've had fun attending these and will attend more in the future!

-start buying and planning Madison's 2nd birthday party. I know the theme and we have a general idea where we are going with food and decorations, I just need to start buying it. Photographer for the party is booked! 
 I have bought everything but the food and invitations!

-take more ME time. Go to the mall, book a pedicure, have more girls' days. Something for me every once in a while.
I've started letting Alan take Madison upstairs to play for 30 minutes or so. I will get supper ready, watch tv or read. One day I took an hour and cleaned out the pantry. Amazing how it helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and reply to every comment and I love to hear your feedback! Thanks for stopping by!