Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Breakfast cookies

 I found this recipe and decided to try it for Madison to snack on. I cut the dried cranberries up in hopes she could eat them. They are too chewy for her to eat so I guess next go round, I will leave them out :) I like them and they are a good snack and good for you. No added sugar and no flour. You can add nuts or chocolate chips(if you need it sweeter) or whatever you want to add.

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cup oats
1 tspn cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1/4 cup flax meal
2 1/2 cups dried fruit(cranberries, raisins, etc) or nuts
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cup canola oil(I used olive oil)
1 teaspoon vanilla

 Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all the dry ingredients until combined. Add wet ingredients then mix until evenly mixed.

Scoop a well rounded tablespoon, roll in a ball and place on lightly greased cookie sheet. Flatten to 1" or so(I didn't do this) They will not flatten during baking.

Bake 20 minutes or until brown

She seemed to like them but then spit out the cranberries after trying to eat them. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and reply to every comment and I love to hear your feedback! Thanks for stopping by!