Monday, July 30, 2012

Cream of "whatever" soup

As I said here and here, I really like making home made things. You never know what's in those cans, packages and bottles, except a ton of sodium. Making your own, you know what's in it and you make more for less money. I stumbled across a recipe for "Cream of whatever soup" and thought I'd give it a shot. A ton of recipes I use call for a can or two. All of the ingredients I keep in the pantry  except the dried milk, which cost about $8 for the bag.


1 cup non-fat dried milk
3/4 cup cornstarch
1/4 cup boullion ( I used chicken)
1 tspn dried basil
1 tspn dried thyme
1 tspn pepper


Mix it all together and I put it in 2 containers. Yet another reason why I don't throw any good container with lid away.. I made a label that says "Cream of Soup - 1 can = 1 1/3 cup mix + 1 1/4 cup water"
I've already used 2 "cans" of the mix and it worked really well and tasted really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and reply to every comment and I love to hear your feedback! Thanks for stopping by!