Thursday, April 21, 2011

Week 20! April 14-21, 2011


Halfway to full term! Baby is the size of a cantaloupe this week! He/She is about 10.5 ounces and about 6.5" from head to bottom and about 10" from head to heel. He/She gulps down several ounces of amniotic fluid now for nutrition and to practice swallowing and digesting. And his/her taste buds now work so that means baby will respond better to things that I've eaten while pregnant after he/she is born. So I guess that means he/she won't like mushrooms, seafood of any kind, or green peas. But will love popcorn, Doritos and cupcakes! Baby has also begun his/her sleep patterns and also has a favorite sleeping position! I don't feel our babe moving at all in the middle of the night so maybe that means we have a 12 hour sleeper like me! Yeah right...

I have been doing really well this week. I have been so blessed to have such a great pregnancy so far. I just knew that I'd be the one to stay sick for the entire 9 months or have crazy side effects but it's been perfect, really. Heartburn comes and goes but hasn't gotten annoying just yet. I've only taken TUMS once(last week) which is really good! My pants are getting tighter and tighter and I only have one pair that I can button. I am still looping a hair elastic through the hole right now to keep them together. My weight went down a little to 111.4 and my belly is now 33.5"!

Tomorrow is the big day that we find out what we are having! The nurse said this appointment will be a thorough ultrasound since they look at the heart, brain, and spine to make sure everything looks good. Then they will do the gender test. We meet with the ultrasound tech first and then meet with the doctor 50 minutes later. We have been discussing names this week and can't come to one that we are positive on. We have 2 girl names picked out with 2 middle names and we are floating a couple of boy names with Alan as the middle name. We were hoping to have a name by our appointment so we can start calling him/her by the name but I guess we'll just have to wait. Say a little prayer for us and our little angel that everything is okay and he/she is as healthy as can be!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and reply to every comment and I love to hear your feedback! Thanks for stopping by!